Welcome to the official homepage of the YouTubers Union!
We are a community based movement that fights for the rights of YouTube Creators and Users. Our core demands are:
- Monetize everyone - Bring back monetization for smaller channels.
- Disable the bots - At least verified partners have the right to speak to a real person if you plan to remove their channel.
- Transparent content decisions - Open up direct communication between the censors ("content department") and the Creators.
- Pay for the views - Stop using demonetized channels as "bait" to advertise monetized videos.
- Stop demonetization as a whole - If a video is in line with your rules, allow ads on an even scale.
- Equal treatment for all partners - Stop preferring some creators over others. No more “YouTube Preferred”.
- Pay according to delivered value - Spread out the ad money over all YouTubers based on audience retention, not on ads next to the content.
- Clarify the rules - Bring out clear rules with clear examples about what is OK and what is a No-No.
Everyone is welcome to join - we need you! No matter if you are PewDiePie or just a user.
You don't have to pay any money and you have zero obligations.
You can join us simply be becoming a member of our Facebook group and/or by joining our forum.
On 2nd March 2018 Jörg Sprave released a video entitled "Creators, Users... To Arms! Join the YouTubers Union." The Youtube union was Born, It was created as a way to give Youtube creators a voice. The goal being to encourage, or force Youtube to consider the opinions or creators and recognise their important contribution to the platform. When Jörg first announced his intention to form a union there was a flood of support from large and small creators as well as viewers. The main purpose of the Union is to give creators a voice which is loud enough to matter to Youtube, one that is loud enough that it cannot be ignored.
Jörg has made it clear that he intends to run the Union as a democracy, operating as it's leader only for as long as it is required to facilitate the Union's foundation. Afterwards there would be a leadership vote and decisions made on a management structure as the need arises. In the short term it is far more important that we recognise the need to talk with one voice, rather than deciding the specifics of our goals. Jörg did lay out some goals as a starting point in his original video in order to get the ball rolling and he has bee instrumental in both organising the formation of the union and encouraging participation and discussion as we move forward in deciding the next steps to take.
Here is Jörg's original video
For more information you can check out the Youtubers Union Forum, or the Facebook Group.